We are all adults here and know that not everyone joins an online dating site to find true love or the person they want to spend the rest of their lives with. Some join simply to meet new people to have new experiences with and they have no intention of settling down with anybody. There is no pressure in this type of dating and the relationships are typically superficial at best. These are the dating sites where adults to go to meet other adults to have intimate encounters with.
There is certain anonymity to these sites that appeal to singles who want to meet new people but who do not necessarily want to start a long term relationship with. People go on these sites for this reason but in order to meet people you have to have a profile that really stands out. The following tips are for making an online adult dating profile that gets attention:
- Be Anonymous but Careful at the Same Time – Even though you are not looking for a long term relationship, you still need to protect yourself when hooking up with a stranger for a casual encounter. Do not tell them too much about yourself like your home address or where you work. This is not really a dating situation so these are not questions you should be asked anyway. Never put your financial information on your profile or you leave yourself open to exploitation.
- Set Up a Separate Email – Never use your main or work email when setting up a profile on an adult dating site. You can be traced very easily by a computer savvy con artist by your email address particularly your work email. This gives them not only your home address and personal information in your work files, but they also know where you work which can be dangerous if someone gets an unhealthy attachment to you after an encounter. Setting up an email that has none of your personal information attached to it allows you more anonymity.
- Be Direct About Your Likes and Dislikes – Since you are basically looking for someone with whom to share intimate relations with, you should let them know up front what turns you on and what turns you off. Do not be afraid to say no to certain situations that would make you uncomfortable. You will find someone who wants the same things you do and there are plenty of people out there with the same tastes. Do not think that you may be turning someone away if you do not share their sexual appetites.
- Posting Photos – While this is an adult dating site, you still have to remember that these photos are public property once you put them on a website. If you do not want them used inappropriately or getting into the wrong hands, save the nudity for direct emails or other forms of communication. While sending any type of nude photo has its risks, you will have a bit more privacy if you send them this way rather than posting them. If nudity is not an issue for you then you can certainly post all you want but remember the photos should be up to date ones so your potential partner sees the real you.
The internet is a wonderful place and there is so much technology today that it seems almost silly not to post a video on your adult dating website. Now, you may think that the same rules apply here as to posting photographs and you would be right. Videos, however, come with their own set of issues so it is important to get separate tips on how to make a really good video that does not scare off any potential intimate partner.
- Clothing Optional – Just as with the photos, your video is clothing optional and totally up to what you are comfortable with. And just like your photo, this will be online and anyone who views your profile can also view your video. Think about how this concept makes you feel before choosing one way or another. For some, it is a turn on to know a complete stranger is checking you out without you even knowing and for others this can make them very uncomfortable.
- Where to Film – You want your video to be a great representation of you so you should choose a spot that has good lighting and where you are comfortable. You can have a friend shoot the video or you can use a tripod or computer video camera and make the video by yourself. If you plan on using nudity, you will probably want to be in your bed or in a comfortable chair where you can show off your “assets” in their best light.
- Talk About Yourself – This is where you can really put your best foot forward and let people really get to know you. While not everyone can write a stunning profile description of them, most people can at least talk and show their personality. While you may be nervous, try to be yourself and let the people who are looking at the video know who you really are. Don’t be afraid to talk yourself up either, while there are times when you don’t want to toot your own horn, this is not one of those times.
- Try for Originality – While there is no prize for being original and you won’t win an academy award for a great adult dating site video, you still want to be as original as possible. This makes your profile stand out from the others. Look at other videos and see what other people have posted. If you see a trend, stay away from it and do something completely different. This may mean taking more time to post the video but the end results are well worth it.
- Do Test Runs – Do not be afraid to do a couple test or practice runs to see how the video will turn out when you eventually post it. You should be honest with yourself about how you look and the flow of the video. It may take a couple trial runs before you are comfortable in front of the camera and are ready to do a real take. Do not worry if you still have a couple of “do overs” after you are ready to take the real video. You will get the perfect video and again, the end result will show your hard work.
Setting up an online dating profile and video does not have to be a chore but you do have to put some work into if you want to make serious connections or any connections at all. Remember that these profiles are public so what you put out there can be seen by everyone on the site. If you are uncomfortable with nudity do not feel pressured into posting photographs or video without clothing if you do not want to. You can always send that content to the person you are interested from the email account you set up for this purpose. But most of all, remember that this venture into online dating is meant to be fun so, just have fun but be safe about it.